Creativity in all of usNovember 18, 2016
Jack-O-LanternOctober 13, 2017
Thank you for an amazing year. The Build em Brix team loved being able to bring our program to many new schools and students. We had such fun in the lessons and certainly learnt a thing or two from our little builders! We wish everyone a safe and prosperous December and New Year. Remember these tips and tricks while on the break:
- Write your phone number on your child’s arm or on a wristband when in busy public areas, particularly at shopping malls or the beach.
- Inform your children of ‘stranger danger’ and invent a safe word (not a commonly used one) for use in emergencies.
- Sun block, sun block, sun block – don’t forget moms and dads as well! Remember the SPF factor is a guide and hats should be a permanent fixture to your child’s head.
- Take a Lego travel set to keep kids busy in the car or on a plane. In fact, any portable, travel friendly games will save a lot of boredom complaints this holiday.
- Let your kids take the pictures – among all the blurry shots you may have to delete. Children have a very different and amazing way of seeing the world. You may be surprised at what their pictures reveal. This is also a great way to keep them busy and entertained when sight-seeing or when you need 5 minutes to relax.
- Older children should be encouraged to keep a travel or holiday journal. This is a great way for them to create a scrap book of their own to treasure into adulthood. Encourage them to stick in ticket stubs, receipts and postcards.
Peace of mind:
- Checklists are a huge help. Although you want to relax and forget about the rush of day to day routine, forgetting a special toy at a hotel or restaurant can lead to a miserable child which could ruin the rest of your journey. Keeping a small check list on your phone or in your diary can prove priceless.
- Don’t forget to pack an extra shirt for yourself as well as a change of clothes for your baby or toddler. Accidents happen and being stuck on a bus, plane or taxi for hours in a wet top can ruin even the best moods.
Thank you to all our parents for the support and remember to look out for us in 2017 at your child’s school!